Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Where to find what fields each model has? [Closed]

By
Lefteris L
on 11/12/13, 10:38 AM 859 views

The Question has been closed

by
Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
on 11/14/2013 00:54:08

Hello i'm new with OpenERP. Developing an Android App right now for it.

I would like to find out what fields each model has. By that i mean for example to create a res.partner you must pass at least the "name" but there's also address, city etc etc etc.

Is there somewhere i can find a list with all the model fields?? Like to create a product, i get the name right but it creates it by default with a price of 1 since i don't really know exactly what the price's field name is.

Thank you

one way is, if you have openerp already installed on a pc, you can select export on the model you want and all the highlighted fields are the must haves and the others are other fields in the module or used in the module. Alternatively open the sql database and view the fields there. you can also open each folder in addons folder and simply open the different xmls in each module to see all the fields and where they are located. hope his helps

kaynis
on 11/12/13, 10:48 AM

since i do have access to the web client i'm trying to export a product and i see the field "Name" is highlighted. Although i get an error when i try to create a product with "Name" while with "name" it's creating it just fine. Tried alternating from Product Type to product type also but still...no idea why it won't accept it

Lefteris L
on 11/12/13, 11:13 AM

nevermind i got it, i though the name on the export platform was the one, turns out i have to export to CSV to get the name of it. Thank you for your help

Lefteris L
on 11/12/13, 11:19 AM

You are well come

kaynis
on 11/12/13, 12:17 PM

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

On 11/13/13, 7:54 AM

You can see all the fields of particular object at Settings->Technical->Database Structure->Models and search any object and then open a form view. In that view you will be able to see all the fields.

Search Object

Fields of Object

Thanks,

Serpent Consulting Services.

Just in case someone else needs this info, i wasn't able to see "technical->Database Structure" due to not having it enabled on the Access Rights on the user i was using.

Thank you

Lefteris L
on 11/13/13, 11:20 AM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/12/13, 10:38 AM
Seen: 859 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM