This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hey guys

I would like to import some products into odoo for the point of sale module. Howewer I have a category called "Chalet" which is not found during import. Where can I find the external id / id of the product category, in this case product category "Chalet"?

This is the .csv which I would like to import:

External ID,Name,Internal Reference,Category/External ID,Can be Expensed,Can be Purchased,Can be Sold,Sale Price,Cost,Supply Method,Product Type,Procurement Method

AR1,Arni ,AR1,Chalet,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,0,0,Buy,Service,Make to Stock

AU9,Ausbi 1 ,AU9,Chalet,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,0,0,Buy,Service,Make to Stock

This is the error message I get: enter image description here

Discard
Best Answer

With user enabled to use "Technical Features"Setting -> Technical -> Sequence & Identifiers -> External IdentifiersIn search box -> Model Name = *product.category*Now you can see what you need.Antonio M. Vigliotti

Discard
Author Best Answer

I see now the external identifier of product_category_all. But I don't see the id of the category "Chalet". Where can I find it? What value should I add to the "Category/External ID" row?

Discard

Did you change column header from 'Category/External ID' to 'Category'? I did not tested but i guess you should insert text value instead of id. You could find some info here http://www.zeroincombenze.eu/wiki/OpenERP/dev/import

Best Answer

Hi,

When you are wanting to import product you must create or import before the relation field(eg : many2one). In your case the field category_id is a many2one field. So you have to create or import your category "Chalet" manually in Odoo and then export it. By doing this you will get the right "Category/External ID". Copy it and plaste it in your currant csv file.

Hope it helps.

Discard
Best Answer

You can find the product category in the URL when viewing the category.

1. Goto: Sales>Configuration>Product Categories & Attributes>Product Categories
  2. Open your category Chalet
  3. Check the URL shown in your browser. Should look like http://yourodooaddress.com/web?#id=3&view_type=form&model=product.category&menu_id=119&action=119
  4. In this case the category I was viewing was id=3, yours will of course be different
Discard
Best Answer

Another way to get the external identifier is:

• As Administrator, left click on the username in the top right-hand side and click on 'About odoo'
  • Left click on 'Activate Developer Mode'
  • When odoo refreshes, go to Warehose -> Configuration -> Products -> Product Categories
  • Doubleclick on the category of interest in the treeview
  • Near the top of the page is a dropdown that says something like 'Debug View#265'.  Click on that and then click on 'View metadata'
  • The xml id can be the external identifier

I have had better luck using the 'Category / Database ID' versus 'External ID' for some of these fields when importing.  The database id can be determined like so:

• When odoo refreshes, go to Warehose -> Configuration -> Products -> Product Categories
  • Doubleclick on the category of interest in the treeview
  • In the address bar, you will see something that ends similarly to: web?debug=#id=184&view_type=form&model=product.category
  • In the example above, the database ID is 184. 

Best of luck with the import!

Discard