This question has been flagged

I understand the BOM principles but I cannot find the right way to make it properly working and I am unsucesseful to find the documentation. I mean from A to Z!

My case is simple: I need Boms to create products made of 2 different articles; each one with a specific sales tax rate.

I read sometime somewhere that a BOM can be defined "on the fly" just by selecting the components and making them create a bom.

If this functionality still remains, I don't know how to implement it!

What I did:

BOM product is created with each of its components; I declare the BOM as a saleable but not as purchasable product, and published on the web site.Available at the POS

Each of the 2 components are declared as both saleable and purchasable; they are not declared as published on the web site. They are not declared as available at the POS

Is this the right  way to do it?

EDIT after a chat with Odoo support

First understand that SETs are just "views" , not new products.

second: The taxes are dealt differently: when you sale based on Po received from customer , then the taxes are calculated as if the SET is a product (seems contradictory with point 1) This means that a tax code must be declared at the set level; which is impossible to do when the components have different tax rates!

however when you set up the sales as made base on delivery, the the taxes are the sum ? of component taxes. in this case the set has no tax code.

Same as above for sales made thru the POS or the website.

All this is a nightmare! I go to bed :)

Anyway, This needs to be precisely tested to avoid tax penalties.

Discard