Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Where should incoming mail go?

Carlos Vasquez
on 9/18/14, 3:13 PM 926 views

In v8.0, I configure a mail server with a catchall address. I use this address in Odoo so it gets all email to unknown users.

I have email addresses as info@ that receive all kind of emails (questions, sales, spam, etc). I also have people that write to wrong addresses (with typos for example) that arrive into Odoo.

Configuring the incoming email server, I would like to select mail.message as destination object, and use a server action so created messages would go into a discussion group. This way I would be able to group all these messages in a common place so a few users can check this. But it appears that I can't use mail.message as a destination object.

Any advice or configuration example on this?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 9/18/14, 3:13 PM
Seen: 926 times
Last updated: 10/19/15, 10:50 AM