This question has been flagged
2 Replies

If there's an order with the status "ready to be delivered" in the warehouse module, where is the picking list option? i see where i can print a delivery slip, and a delivery order... but no picking list... i've read the "doc.openerp.com/7.0/book/5/5_14_Stock/5_14_Stock_inv/" and it doesn't say anything about picking lists. it says: Customer orders are usually handled in one of two ways:

item note (or preparation order), confirmed when the item is ready to send,

delivery order (or freight note), confirmed when the transporter has delivered the item to a customer.

You use the following stock move in OpenERP to simulate these operations:

Packing Note: Stock > Output,

Delivery Order: Output > Customer.

between sales and packing/shipping, there has to be a stock pick list created... i know i'm probably overlooking something simple, but i just can't seem to find a button or option to print a inventory picking list...

Discard
Best Answer

At version 7.0, the Delivery Slip is now the Picking List Report.

image description

Discard
Author

Right after I posted, I found a discussion about what to name the list. And the delivery slip doesn't even look like a picking list, there's hardly any detail, and why is there a header like a packing slip? It's going to be easy to confuse warehouse people who are used to a picking list american style... and once again thanks ray!

Most warehouses need a pick list that combines all selected orders so that the picker can make one trip to each bin/location for a number of orders. Is this something that is planned?

The list of all products requiring delivery is already available via WAREHOUSE --> DELIVER/RECEIVE PRODUCTS --> DELIVER PRODUCTS.

Best Answer

I am so frustrated with the little documentation that is available in terms of picking setup.  I spent hours online trying to find a way to enable a picking step in my new trial account!   I agree the detail provided on neither the "Delivery Products" screen or the "Deliver Slip" are in anyway related to a picking function (in terms of my ERP expierence).  Yes, they provide a listing of products and quantities, but wheres the rest?  How does the person in the warehouse know which location to draw the goods from? Surely this can't be right? Any other thoughts? Does anybody of any module that fixes this?

Discard

Ok, as I have played further, I notice that the appropriate source picking location turns up on the delivery slip but only after you click the "Check Availability" button on the delivery order first. The delivery slip location value must drawn from a value on the delivery order that is determined after the Check Availability button is checked. Makes me wonder if my next topic to look at is setting up automatically force availability on every delivery order. So that the warehouse simply needs to open the delivery slip without the need to force availability first. I think there may be a way of eventually making this work.