Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Where is the mechanism for automated invitation mails for new users located?

By
René Schuster
on 8/14/14, 3:57 AM 1,100 views

On the creation of a new user, an invitation mail is send. Where are the mail template and the functions located in the source code?

Thanks.

Prakash

--Prakash--
| 5 4 7
Bikaner, India
--Prakash--

OpenERP Devloper at SunARC Technology

Prakash
On 8/21/14, 7:31 AM

In the auth_signup Model used to on the creation of a new user, an invitation mail is send.

Email Template Located in addons/auth_signup/auth_signup_data.xml

Python addons/auth_signup/res_users.py create method overriden and  action_reset_password method is called.

Thanks, Prakash!

René Schuster
on 8/21/14, 7:32 AM

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
Algeria
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 8/16/14, 2:50 PM

I think you mean New employee: it's located in /addos/hr/hr.py around line 221

(Lines added after comment)

If it's related to OpenERP user, you can find it in the portal module (portal_wizard.py) and the email template is OpenERP Entreprise Connection (under: Settings --> Technical --> Email --> Templates).

It's used for all Partners including OpenERP users.

Thanks for your reply, but that's not what I'm looking for. I don't mean the welcome message for new employees, but the invitation email for new users.

René Schuster
on 8/21/14, 4:48 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/14/14, 3:57 AM
Seen: 1100 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM