This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi boys, please, I need install module which use pymysql. (when i try to install this openerp module, I get error : No module named pymysql)

So, when I searched for python in my windows host computer, where is installed OPENERP server, I dont´t found it. Is this integrated into OpenERP server? Is some solution, how can I install pymysql module?

I use OPENERP7 server on windows XP.

Many thanks, Petr

Discard
Best Answer
  1. Pymysql is a Python library, so you have to install it "into" your Python (or for Python, to be exact).
  2. Python is not bundled with OpenERP, it must be installed on your computer separately.

So, if your module requires pymysql, first install this library for python, then restart your OpenERp server (maybe restarting a computer would be a good idea when on Windows, just guessing), and after that install your module.

If Openerp server runs on your computer, then you must already have python installed too. Now to install pymysql, you coud first install PIP (python package manager), then in command line type:

pip search pymysql

Pip will search for this library and give a list of libraries that match this name. Then:

pip install pymysql

You may have to replace "pymysql" with another name from search list. If installed, you may proceed to installing Openerp module.

Discard
Author

Many thanks for your help. I thought OPENERP is based on python :-) OK, I will go install python and test it. Petr

Note that if Openerp server is running on your machine succesfully, then Python IS already installed. Maybe it came from OpenERP package then (i could be wrong in my answer), if you did not install it separately. But still, you could try to install pip and then the library you need.