This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Ive done an version upgrade on a test system (ie no data that I care about). The new version won't start up because it cant find the (old) database.

Ive deleted the old database, and specified a new/different name in the conf files. But the logs still say odoo is looking for the old database, which of course it cant find (and it's s different version anyway).

Where is odoo getting the name of the old database from? Its certainly not in my conf files (\etc\odoo and /etc/odoo?

How do I stop it from looking for the old database and getting a fatal startup error?

Clearing everything out is an option for me, except I thought Id done that with removing the old database and updating the conf files.

Discard
Author

Looks like I cant edit the post. Further analysis suggests it's an (old) odoo cron job that's looking for the old database. It tries to connec, then throws a fatal error because it cant find the old database. That's because it's old and has gone!

Anyone know how I remove the cron entries, or where and why they are still looking for the old database? I cant see anything in the odoo user cron, which is where I migh expect it to be (this is on Ubuntu 14.04).

Author Best Answer

Thanks for that suggestion. Im actually way past that, done many restarts, even reinstalled odoo itself (ie the binaries) all to no avail.

Its storing the old database name on disc somewhere, and it isnt in the config files.

Discard
Best Answer

Try a service restart of Odoo. The cron jobs sometimes will take the database name from its cache. A restart of odoo instance will solve this. (a restart for server is more recommended, if you didn't bother about data)

Discard