Odoo Help

Where is base.view_partner_form in OpenERP7?

By
Juan Formoso
on 9/25/14, 4:34 AM 1,402 views

I guess this is an elementary question, but I could not find its answer.

I am trying to add some fields to the standard form view for customers. I checked the ID of this form, and it seems to be base.view_partner_form. Am I right? The problem is that I am not able to finde the code of this view in my addons path. Anyone know in which module and file is the code of this view?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

you can find the ID 

base.view_partner_form

Into following path.

addons => base => res => res_partner_view.xml    file.

may be line no. 123 : <record id="view_partner_form" model="ir.ui.view">

I hope you will get this.

Thank you @chirag! Unfortunately, that path does not exist in my host. There are many modules whose names start with "base_", but no one has only "base" as name.

Juan Formoso
on 9/25/14, 5:48 AM

Please find the "view_partner_form" word into your openerp instance and your all addons. You will get one record with this ID.

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
on 9/25/14, 5:56 AM

@chirag I looked for "view_partner_form" and I found several records in views with exactly that ID. For example, in next modules there is a xml file or even more with a record with id="view_partner_form": account_banking_partner_journal_account, account_payment_extension, base_location, base_vat, crm_profiling, membership...

Juan Formoso
on 9/25/14, 6:23 AM

Hi, May I know that when openerp server is started at that time base module is loaded or not ? If base module is not loaded then which module is loaded first ? And if base module is loaded then you have to find the path of that module.

on 9/25/14, 6:28 AM

Have you got the solution ?

on 10/1/14, 8:25 AM

@chirag No, I did not find that form view, but I only wanted to know it to see its content, which finally I could do from the OpenERP interface.

Juan Formoso
on 10/1/14, 12:00 PM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/25/14, 4:34 AM
Seen: 1402 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM