This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I want to hide button edit in project issue for user. So that user can't edit recorded issue, but I don't find the button code for edit. Anyone can help me?thanks

Discard
Best Answer

The buttons create and edit are part of the framework (field *many). You can use record rules and access control list to tune this. (Settings / Security)

Also you can edit the view and the field and use attrs (readonly, visible, . . .)

Ok, expand the answer. Settings --> Users --> Groups and search project user Open this (form view)

If the user has access rigths project/User (this is, the user is on the group project/user), you can see on access rights all access for this group. Search the access for Project Issue, and you can see why the users on this group can read, write, create and delete (all checks ON). If you only check the option READ, this user (and all user on this group) cant create project issues.

Maybe a solution, is duplicate this group, rename and apply to the specified user you need.

Discard
Author

i have tried use record rules and access control list. But , it doesn't work , user still can edit the record. I also have tried change access rights in models project.issue become "can't Write" for user , after that user become can't create and edit. Can you tell me the step for detail what I have to do in record rules and access control list.Thank you

Author

Sorry Mr Juanjo Algaz can you reply my comment pleasee?I need this problem solved urgently..thank you

I edit my answer. If this answer it's ok for you, please mark this.

Author

Thank you for the answer , but I have tried to change access that project user only can read and create in models project issue. But after that user can't edit and also can't create because the write access is unchecked. So , it still can't working

You need access to write and edit to create a object (project.issue). If a user can create, this user can edit the object. You can use a different role to create issues (maybe automatically from mail) or limit the posibility to edit only the issues with user asigned

Author

how to limit the possibility to edit only the issues he assigned?