Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Where can I select the Account Template?

on 6/15/14, 1:45 AM 739 views

I have selected an Account Template when installing the Accounting module. e.g. I selected US>Service.

But now I want to select another one, e.g. US>Product. I can see the account templates in Accounting > Configuration > Accounts > Chart of Accounts Templates. But how can I select/apply one?

I looked online, and supposedly I have to do it here:  Settings ‣ Configuration ‣ Invoicing. But I don't have Invoicing in my configuration.

On 6/15/14, 1:16 PM

When you install a chart of account, it is associated to the company.

If the company has a chart of account yet, you can't install another one from a template.

If you need to change your chart of account (assuming that you can't drop the DB) you have to change it account by account.

If you need to add a chart of account for a new company, just create the company and run again the accounting configuration wizard.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 6/15/14, 1:45 AM
Seen: 739 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM