Odoo Help

2 Answers
Aline Preillon (apr) Belgium
2/13/13, 10:17 AM

Hello,

you can go to Settings/Users/Users. You can create users and give them access rights in the second tab.

• Manager rights give access to the reporting and configuration of the application
  • User rights give access to the "business" use of the application.

E.G, a sale user will be able to create a sale order and validate it, use the crm,... but he won't have access to the configuration of sales (pricelist, sales team, ...) or sale reporting -> a sale manager will do.

In most of applications, manager rights imply user rights.

I can't create a new answer so i am editing this one to explain what are these specific rights. Actually, they are automatically checked following your settings in Setting/Configuration/Sales, Warehouse, Purchase, ... Example: you activate an option in Settings/Configuration/Accounting to use analytic Accounting, the "Analytic accounting" check box in user form will be true for all users (feel free to uncheck it for a specific user).

Those options make some fields or menu visible in the system for all users. You can manage those access for each users but i invite you to explore the Settings/Configuration menus to manage your application's profiles. Tooltips are clearer and you would be able to add option regarding your company's need.

Aline

3 Comments
Yaroslav Spain
2/13/13, 10:44 AM

It's useful but I already know where/how to configure user rights, add users, employees, configure module rights associated with different groups, etc. What I need is a more accurate description of what you mention on the "E.G..." line. Wich modules and rights need to be active for each profile.

Aline Preillon (apr) Belgium
2/13/13, 11:03 AM

You can get more info in the db from Settings/Technical/Security/Access Control List menu.

Yaroslav Spain
2/13/13, 11:38 AM

Thanks again @Aline, I didn't knew of this configuration window, it has indeed useful information. I have edited my question to better explain myself on what I'm asking for.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp) United States

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 7 8 10
San Francisco, United States
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp) United States
2/14/13, 10:21 AM

You should not configure these rights from the user form, especially if you are new to OpenERP. I would suggest you to:

• uncheck "Technical Features" for your own user
  • go to the menus Settings / ... and configure from this screen

Configuring through the "settings" menu will have the same effect than applying such rights on each users manually.

1 Comment
Yaroslav Spain
2/14/13, 10:51 AM

What exactly does the "Technical Features" option activates? I saw that, when checked, it shows a new "Technical" submenu on the right for the main Settings menu. And some options there are not available on other places or at least I do not see them. By the way, it's only active for the admin user.

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
2 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now