Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Where can I found PyUno for windows and how integrate it with OpenERP installation?

By
Yug Faa
on 8/19/13, 9:32 PM 5,139 views

Hi everyone,

We have a problem with the module report_aeroo_ooo, we try to install it on windows but it get these eroors :

No module named uno No module named unohelper No module named com.sun.star.beans No module named com.sun.star.uno No module named com.sun.star.connection No module named com.sun.star.beans No module named com.sun.star.lang No module named com.sun.star.io No module named com.sun.star.io

So how can we found the packages and where we will integrate it on OpenERP windows installation ?

This is my comment to 3pm on https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/11770/: @3pm, can we get a tutorial with this one, we work with a customer and all his reports are designed on Aeroo using Ubuntu, but he has a Windows server, we're follow the tutorial on Youtube but when we install report_aeroo_ooo we're get the same error No module named uno help us please, Regards

Best regards

Mohammad Alhashash

--Mohammad Alhashash--
| 5 5 8
Giza, Egypt
--Mohammad Alhashash--

Developer

Mohammad Alhashash
On 8/20/13, 5:55 AM

PyUno is not available standalone, only bundled with OpenOffice. The problem with Windows is that OpenOffice ships with its own Python which may not match the python version you use for OpenERP.

If you are using Python 2.7:

install Apache OpenOffice 4.0; You can use the bundled PyUno with the standard 32bit Python 2.7 for Windows. You need to create or modify the environment variable PYTHONPATH to have the following value:

• %ProgramFiles(x86)%\OpenOffice 4\program; for Windows x64
  • %ProgramFiles%\OpenOffice 4\program; for 32bit Windows

If you are using python 2.6:

Install OpenOffice.org 3.4. No need for PYTHONPATH as report_aeroo_ooo tries the default installation paths for OO.o 3.x to find pyuno.

Do not use LiberOffice as it ships with python 3.x and the bundled modules are not compatible with python 2.x.

Thanks @Mohammad, but where can I find PYTHONPATH on windows ? there isn't on the list !

Yug Faa
on 8/22/13, 6:53 AM

Create a new variable.

Mohammad Alhashash
on 8/22/13, 6:59 AM

I will try and turn to you Inchallah

Yug Faa
on 8/22/13, 12:25 PM

I try this method, but it doesn't work, I have python26.dll ==> Python version 2.6, so I installed OO3.4 with the same version 2.6, I don't get the environment variable PYTHONPATH so I created it with this value %ProgramFiles(x86)%\OpenOffice 4\program; because I have the Win x64, I resart OpenERP, I restart my OS, Finally I get the same error, ... I missed somthing ?

Yug Faa
on 9/10/13, 10:29 AM

@Mohammed I passed over than 36 hours on this problem without getting a solution, need a tutorial ! Thank you so much

Yug Faa
on 9/10/13, 10:31 AM

You do not need to set PYTHONPATH for OO 3.4. Also, The path you set is for OO 4.x which may lead to an error if you actually have it installed. Do you have uno.py file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice.org 3\program"?

Mohammad Alhashash
on 9/10/13, 11:00 AM

@Mohammed are there some news ?

Yug Faa
on 9/12/13, 12:51 PM

did you read my last comment?

Mohammad Alhashash
on 9/12/13, 12:56 PM

No, I'm sorry, Yes I have uno.py file in C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice.org 3\program

Yug Faa
on 9/13/13, 7:30 AM

Fix the PYTHONPATH variable to the correct location (version 3). Using the python you use for OpenERP run import uno. Post the result error if any.

Mohammad Alhashash
on 9/13/13, 10:32 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/19/13, 9:32 PM
Seen: 5139 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM