Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Where can I find more information on "Security/Record rules" Domain filter

By
Jean-Philippe Bourque
on 3/24/13, 2:24 PM 2,799 views

Hi, I try to limit access to tasks that are "for followers only" but not the one that are "Public". I got many post on that but not on the last part. I think everything is about how to write the "Rule Definition (Domain Filter)". I didn't find information(reference) on how to proceed with that field. Thanks in advance

After few more research I found some clues in the question "Is it possible to manage record-based access control?" that complement the question "How to restrict access to Task and issues?", then the very question now is how I can put a "OR" condition that said the person that see the records need to be a project followers or the project have to be public.

Jean-Philippe Bourque
on 3/24/13, 2:48 PM
eLBati
On 3/25/13, 4:48 AM

The domain filter follows the syntax of search domain, that is in polish notation.

See the portal_project example:

['|', ('privacy_visibility', '=', 'public'), ('message_follower_ids', 'in', [user.partner_id.id])]

Thanks. I tried this but the user got an error message on login and no tasks or projects are visible. I will investigate a little later to see

Jean-Philippe Bourque
on 3/25/13, 11:03 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/24/13, 2:24 PM
Seen: 2799 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM