Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Where can i edit product_search_form_view ?

By
Lerner
on 7/8/15, 1:25 AM 251 views

I have added a custom variable I need to make it as the searchable one I need to add the code segment ,

example:- Name = x_RDClass ;  Label = Class 

where I can get this thing in Odoo "product_search_form_view" to make a custom field searchable ?

To add this code:-

<record model="ir.ui.view" id="product_search_form_view_inherit">

<field name="name">product.search.form.inherit</field>

<field name="model">product.product</field>

<field name="inherit_id" ref="product.product_search_form_view"/>

<field name="type">search</field>

<field name="arch" type="xml">

<field name="name" position="replace">

<field name="name" string="Product" filter_domain="['|', ('name','ilike',self), '|', ('default_code','ilike',self), '|', ('commat','ilike',self), '|', ('x_RDClass','ilike',self), '|', ('manufacturer','ilike',self), ('description','ilike',self)]"/>

</field>

</field>

</record>

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 7/8/15, 7:05 AM

Sudarsan,

As a best programming practice, you must always use modular way to add up your customization.

If you are adding the field custom way from GUI, you better do the addition from GUI into the search view of product.

Usually,

You must do:

<field name="name" position="after">

<field name='x_RDClass'/>

Thanks.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/8/15, 1:25 AM
Seen: 251 times
Last updated: 7/8/15, 7:05 AM