Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Where can I download the simplest module with an RML report?

on 7/3/13, 12:17 AM 1,105 views

I am trying to learn to produce a custom module with an RML report. I see that many of the modules that come with OpenERP V7 produce RML reports, but they look super complex with lots of dependencies, and classes, etc in order for me to try to learn from them at this stage.

I followed many tutorials but still for some reason I am not able to produce a good RML report so I think that if I can "see" a working module that produces an RML report by itself then I might learn from it.

Anyone know of any simple module that outputs and RML report?

Any links + suggestions will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance

Laura Jarvenpaa
On 9/3/13, 7:27 AM

For me hr_attendance_error.rml and .py where the easiest ones and based on them I could create my own reports.

Start by reading .py file and then look at .rml file and find connections between those two.

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 7/3/13, 1:40 AM

First install the OpenOffice Report Designer which is a module included in openerp.

Once you learn how to create and upload a report to an existing module it should be very simple to fill in the blanks for integrating that into your own module.

Hi! thanks, I already installed the module and I already able to create a "static" report. But I get a corrupted file when adding dynamic elements to the RML that is why I am looking for the source code of a working module with dynamic cotent to learn from it.

on 7/3/13, 2:13 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 7/3/13, 12:17 AM
Seen: 1105 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM