This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I can send email with OpenERP, but I can't receive them. Where can I configure incoming mails settings?

Discard
Author

Ok, I've got Configure outgoing email servers but not "incoming mail servers" tab

Best Answer

Just to summarize all answers and complete them a bit. You have several ways to do it.

Go into Settings > Configuration > General Settings. Under Email, you have a link to Configure outgoing email servers and a link to Configure the incoming email gateway. The later one is the link that interests you.

This leads to the same results as setting your admin user as using the Technical Features (Access Rights tab of the user form, check Technical Feature). Refresh your browser, go into Settings > Technical > Email. You have 2 links, Incoming Email Server and Outgoing Email Server.

Note that to be able to configure your incoming email server, you will have to install the Email Gateway (fetchmail) module. This module is very likely to be installed as soon as you install a module, as it is a base dependency for most modules.

In the Incoming Mail Servers list view, click on Create. You will have to configure your mail gateway (IMAP/POP, port, username, ...).

Discard

What to Put in "Actions to Perform on Incoming Mails "

How to link the message sent by customer to be linked directly to res.partner table of "Admin" account?

I set up the email as you said. But I can't send/ receive any email still. But another user getting some emails. What would be the reason?

Best Answer

In Setting > Technical > Email > incoming mail servers from that you can setting your incoming mail server.

Discard

If you cant see "incoming mail servers" then you need to select "Technical Features" under the users "Access Rights" tab. Also have a look how often Fetchmail actions Settings>Technical>Scheduler>Scheduled Actions>Fetchmail Services.

Best Answer

In the "incoming mail servers" tab, you must specify the type (IMAP, POP) and the connexion data and that should work.

Discard
Best Answer

You can also configure incoming and outgoing server from Settings/Configuration/General Settings.

Discard