Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Where are the rest of the records?

By
Jeff Beidler
on 10/23/14, 2:59 PM 633 views

Just finished importing Suppliers from a .csv file containing 750 records.  The file validated and imported without errors, but the Suppliers screen shows a record count of 691.  What gives?

Jeff Beidler
On 10/23/14, 4:27 PM

Found the problem.  I had used the supplier ID from the previous application as the "External ID" column during import.  Most of the records had a value, but some did not.  Those that were "empty" (they actually contained spaces) were simply skipped by the import.  However, once I opened the .csv file in OpenOffice, filtered on the External ID column (where value begins with " "), and deleted all content from the "empty" cells, then I was able to import all of the records, including the External IDs.

I have run into similar problems with "blank" cells in other imports.  Doing a "delete all" on those cells sometimes gets rid of import (validation) errors.  It seems like any error message that appears is often misleading.  When importing products, the validator complained that none of the records contained a product_id, though the column was clearly present.  Turns out there were a couple of blanks, and the "delete all" trick (or removal of the entire row) allowed the import to proceed.

Hope this helps someone else!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/23/14, 2:59 PM
Seen: 633 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM