This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello ! I want to create a python script to create a lot of new users. I want to insert in the database : name, login, password and email. I'm ok with the name, password and login : it's in res.user table, but I don't find in my database where email are save...Can anybody help me?

Thanks, John

Discard
Best Answer

Every user in res.user has a related partner (partner_id). OpenERP uses the email field of table res_partner for the user's email.

If you use Python with XMLRPC you can directly set the email of the users with the field user_email in res.user. This is a related field to the email of the partner.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Sorry but in res.user there is not field usr_email.. (I'm talking about V7.0)

In PGAdmin you can see those fields for Res.user :

id serial NOT NULL, active boolean DEFAULT true, login character varying(64) NOT NULL, password character varying(64) DEFAULT NULL::character varying, company_id integer NOT NULL, partner_id integer NOT NULL, create_uid integer, create_date timestamp without time zone, write_date timestamp without time zone, write_uid integer, menu_id integer, -- Menu Action login_date date, -- Latest connection signature text, -- Signature action_id integer, -- Home Action alias_id integer NOT NULL, -- Alias share boolean, -- Share User

Discard

Field "user_email" is a related field, which only exists in Python! The real email is stored in table res_partner!

Ok with email, not user_email. Don't forget to put a name too. Thanks for your help :)