Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Where are located the RML files associated to invoices?

By
Peio
on 2/8/13, 8:50 AM 3,786 views

I would like to add two lines (legal notices) at the end of all my invoices. I think I can do that editing the .rml which is used to create the final .pdf for invoices. Where is this .rml file located?

If you know a cleaner way to achieve this goal, I am interested too.

Thank you for your replies. But I have modified and even changed the name of "account/report/invoice.rml", and it didn't have any effect on the client side. Do you know where I could check that this is the right file ?

Peio
on 2/8/13, 1:40 PM

Yes you can check the path of the rml used from here Settings/Customization/Low Level Objects/Actions/Reports. search for object "account.invoice" and edit the entry in form view . The main reason why you don't see the effect is because of the argument "reload from attachment"

Naresh Soni (nch)
on 2/9/13, 2:38 AM

This will print the report from the attachment. Try to delete the attachment to see the effects.

Naresh Soni (nch)
on 2/9/13, 2:41 AM

Nicolas Bessi

--Nicolas Bessi--
| 5 7 8
Lausanne, Switzerland
--Nicolas Bessi--
Nicolas Bessi
On 2/8/13, 12:25 PM

Hello,

The file is located in the addons directory account/report/invoice.rml The best solution will be to create an addon that override you current report. You can do it in XML `

<report
    auto="False"
    id="account.account_invoices"
    model="account.invoice"
    name="account.invoice"
    rml="my_addons/report/invoice.rml"
    string="Invoices"
    attachment="(object.state in ('open','paid')) and ('INV'+(object.number or '').replace('/',''))"
    attachment_use="1"/>

` By just replacing the rml attribute to your file path.

Else you can try c2c_webkit_report to have HTML based report, they may be easier to customize as you do not have to know RML.

Naresh Soni (nch)

--Naresh Soni (nch)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 2 2 4
India
--Naresh Soni (nch)--

Team Lead, Odoo(Formerly OpenERP) Support & OPW

Naresh Soni (nch)
On 2/8/13, 12:28 PM

Hello,

You will find it at this location addons/account/report/invoice.rml. you can edit it according to your need.

Secondly you can open the invoice report using report designer plugin.

To check the path of the rml used go to Settings/Customization/Low Level Objects/Actions/Reports. search for object account.invoice and edit the entry in form view . It may be possible that you want be able to see changes applied on rml due to the argument reload from attachment. If this is True then the report will be printed from the attachments. So to see the changes you need to either set this argument to False or delete the attachment and then print the report.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/8/13, 8:50 AM
Seen: 3786 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM