Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

When the warehouse routes get triggered?

By
Rami Talat
on 2/7/15, 11:02 AM 1,051 views

When I create routes other than the default routes in Odoo, they didn't work as expected. I wonder when these routes get fired (or triggered) and on what events?
My problems is always with the pull routes, (push rules is always running as expected)
It is obvious that the actions field controls when the route is triggered especially ("Buy" and "Manufacture" actions). But the "Move from another stock" is not obvious as well.

Can anyone help?!

Unfortunately, there are little resources in this area!

Guru
on 2/16/15, 11:14 AM

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 7/2/16, 6:58 PM

Pull rules are triggered by procurements (a need of a specific product in a specific zone) whereas push rules are triggered by stock moves. (when products arrive in a specific zones).

Procurements can be created manually from the product form (e.g. I need X product in that location) but they are usually created automatically by sales order, minimum stock rules or others pull rules. (e.g. MTO)

More information in the documentation: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/functional/double-entry.html

Eva Pinter
On 8/18/15, 7:19 AM

Rami,

Unfortunately, pull rules are hard coded in Odoo, so that when you create anything related to pull rules from scratch, it never works.

Pull rules work fine, we use them every day on customers project. Just be sure you understand how they work.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
on 7/2/16, 6:56 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/7/15, 11:02 AM
Seen: 1051 times
Last updated: 7/2/16, 6:58 PM