Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

When should I perform an update?

By
Cameron
on 2/14/13, 9:58 AM 818 views

How often? should I update my installed version of OpenERP.

Is there a list of updates?

Is there a list of resolved issues?

Quentin De Paoli (qdp)
On 2/14/13, 11:10 AM

Theoretically, on a stable version you can update as much as you want because the policy is to make only bugfixes and without changing the database schema. So updating shouldn't do any harm... except if you customized some views or access rights into OpenERP and in the bad way. That's the reason why usually people avoid updating too much a running instance.

The list of update can be found in launchpad. For example for the v7 http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/7.0/changes

The list of fixed issue is pretty similar: as we only apply bugfixes patches on stable version, each commit beginning with [FIX] is linked to a bug. If the bug was existing in launchpad, you have the bug number written there as well.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/14/13, 9:58 AM
Seen: 818 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM