This question has been flagged
1 Reply

???

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

It will not download automatically any files from internet. When you upgrade any module it will update your system according to available files in that module.

Discard
Author

ok! thanks. So, what is the easiest way to compare our installed versions with last available versions on the web? We have to check each one?

Author

This man says that the command ./openerp-server -u all downloads the files from github...

The person that says that is wrong. The -u all will update every single module you have and reload all XML,JS,Python, ... files. This will check all the files that you have installed in Odoo and has nothing to do with Github. In essence -u is made to update a module (all modules) where you modified code in on your computer/server.

Author

So Yenthe, how do you update your Odoo files in the folder /addons? You compare each version of each module?

Author

So Yenthe, how do you update your Odoo files in the folder /addons? You compare each version of each module?

I think what Yenthe aims at an installation from the nighly's using apt-get. As far as I know from another post Pascal is running a github installation. And you have the answer in one of your older posts already. 'git pull origin' does an update of everything that is covered by the repository (including the base /addons). If you have other Community or Custom Modules (which I think you have) you have to run a 'git pull origin' for each git repository individually

Gunnar you are correct. I use the apt-get way to get my modules from github. If I need to update a module I'll download it from Github and replace the old one with the new one. Just test it in a local VM to be sure! I should check out all methods since the current setup/way I use isn't ideal. The git pull origin could be a good way.