Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

When creating a manufacturing order of a product with BoM and routing, why doesn't the routing respect the the time the previous

By
Christopher Smith
on 5/18/14, 7:58 PM 728 views

Kind of a bad question, let me explain.

I have a simple product that has a BoM with no products associated with it and a routing defined with three workcenters. When I create a manufacturing order for the product for a quantity of 50 and run schedulers, I'd expect that the system should run the first workcenter until all 50 are made and then the second work center should have a scheduled date of the time it takes for the first work center to finish + the lead time of the next work center. But all of the scheduled dates for any of the work centers in the routing are for the day the manufacturing order was placed.

Let me give you an example.

Say I have a product that requires the following routing:

• Lathe operation that requires 20 minutes per piece
  • QA operation that requires 3 minutes per piece
  • Shipping operation that requires 3 minutes per piece

When the manufacturing order is placed, shouldn't the scheduled dates for each operation take the time it takes to run all of the pieces at the proceeding operation? Or do I need to configure this manually?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/18/14, 7:58 PM
Seen: 728 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM