Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Whats the correct way to configure multicompany in openerp?

By
Omal Bastin
on 7/25/13, 5:24 AM 1,747 views

Whats the correct way to configure multicompany in openerp? Do we have to always set a parent company or just need to define all the companies?

Borni DHIFI

--Borni DHIFI--
| 6 8 9
Tunis, Tunisia
--Borni DHIFI--

Techno Functional Consultant Odoo(OpenERP) 

http://www.linkedin.com/in/borni

Borni DHIFI
On 10/4/13, 8:43 AM

Hi,

in my experience with the use of multicompany in openerp i see it is important to define a mother company :

• the mother company will be used to aggregate the different information from others company .

• also important for accounting.

• messages "Access Denied"

• for exemple a user U1 see all documents in company C1 and user U2 see all documents in company C2. but U3 should see C1 and C2 same time . so it is necessary to define mother company C and associate U3 in this company.

Access Denied

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Warehouse, Operation: read). How can i solve this? When i create sale order it shows error. I worked as admin user in the sub company under parent company.

rosey
on 12/7/13, 5:32 AM
Jean-Charles Drubay
On 10/4/13, 8:18 AM

As a first step, you can have a look to serpentcs guidelines for multicompany.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/25/13, 5:24 AM
Seen: 1747 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM