Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What users are currently logged in?

By
Dale E. Moore
on 3/4/13, 2:57 PM 2,950 views

How can I tell what users are currently logged in to OpenERP?

Andreas Brueckl

--Andreas Brueckl--
| 7 8 7
Vienna, Austria
--Andreas Brueckl--
OpenERP Consulting and Development
Andreas Brueckl
On 3/4/13, 3:40 PM

I think that you can only see when the users have logged in the last time. This information is in res.user object.

But since OpenERP uses a state-less protocol you never know who currently is accessing the OpenERP web page.

It would be possible to write a module which updates a certain timestamp after each access.

Or you can write a view who collect last operation from the users. But you don't know if user is connected or not. Openerp is sateless.

filsystem
on 3/4/13, 4:06 PM

Where would I look to find the 'last operation from the users', @filsys?

Moore Works, Dale E. Moore
on 3/4/13, 4:23 PM

Or you can write a database materialized view that collects last operation from users (from create_user, create_date, write_user, write_date at each table). But do not know if the user is online or not, but last operation succeeded (openerp is sateless).

filsystem
on 3/5/13, 2:36 AM

I think you can tell who is logged into the postgresql database using pgadmin III.

FBA, Fred Blauer
on 3/8/13, 6:12 PM

Agree that OpenERP is stateless and you could not tell who are logged in. Now, from the current user stand point, if logged in from a web browser, there is a session cookie available. So if I send a request via XMLRPC my cookie credentials is sent along with it, I presume. Having that in mind, what method and parameters should I send via XMLRPC to figure out the logged in user id?

Francisco Luz
on 4/14/14, 7:34 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/4/13, 2:57 PM
Seen: 2950 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM