Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What should I consider regarding configuration If I have running two instances and open the same database?

Daniel Blanco
on 2/16/15, 7:08 AM 487 views

I had some exceptions in my current instance when installed a module. Does not matter what error for this question.

I found that the mentioned error was solved in a recent commit of v8.

I know I could test things in a different environment, but a crazy idea came to me, and I begun to install a new and updated instance in the same server, but using another port, so I can use the same postgresql server, over 3 or 4 different test databases.

Now the question: what if I open the same database with two different instances simultaneosly? What things should I take in consideration in my config files besides ports?

Should I expect some kind of exception?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 2/16/15, 7:08 AM
Seen: 487 times
Last updated: 3/21/15, 2:21 AM