Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What should be included in Chart of Accounts ? [Closed]

By
Naseeb Razaq
on 4/28/16, 7:58 AM 184 views

The Question has been closed for reason: not a real question

by
Ermin Trevisan
on 04/29/2016 05:35:50

Hi Everyone!

I am going to design a chart of account for a service industry company, I need some suggestion about that at what extent the COA should includes the accounts.

Here is a perception that in ERP there is a precise, simple and a short type of COA prevails in which there are very few accounts exist and such accounts integrated with other modules for detail requirements. i.e in COA we just create FIXED ASSETS head of account so this one account is refer in fixed assets module for further detail of fixed assets.

Now my question is that at what extent the COA should be concise? The heads which we could refer in other modules should be kept concise or all head of accounts should be selective?

Hope for a suitable discussion !

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 4/29/16, 5:34 AM

Besides that this question does not really follow the forum guidelines (no discussions, no specific question, not Odoo related), this can not be answered anyway.

The Chart of Accounts depends on:

- legal requirements

- recommendations by corresponding associations and organizations of particular industries

- personal taste of the responsible accountant

- knowledge and use of Analytical Accounts.

If you want to further discuss this topic, please use an appropriate mailing list or any accounting forum in internet suitable to your taste.

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/28/16, 7:58 AM
Seen: 184 times
Last updated: 4/29/16, 5:35 AM