This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi everybody

Since a lot of people do not seem to like the forum and are annoyed by some features I propose a thread to write all our ideas out.
The ideas can then be send to the developers / Odoo to hopefully get some improvements or reaction from them.

What I'd personally like:

• Special block to post code in, such as on Stackoverflow
  • Ability to delete and modify own comments & other their comments (1.000+ karma required to remove other people their comments)
  • Ability to convert answer to comment and choose under which answer. Numerous new people post a new answer meant to comment on another user its answer. I can only convert it to a comment on the question itself, which is not right.
  • Report user / temp block him. Since a lot of spam pops up it would be nice to report users or put them on some sort of 'blacklist'?
  • Thread does not get bumped to the top when you edit an answer. At the moment you can cheat to get your question to the top by clicking on edit, doing nothing, and saving it again. This should be replaced by a 'bump' button that only works once every xx hours or xx days?

So post away with your ideas and suggestions or comment on my ideas what you like/dislike!
Yenthe

Discard
Best Answer

Create an item in the menu separating questions from v7 and v8. This would be more orderly and more fast from users to find questions and answers regarding their problems.

Discard

Sounds good however many times the solution is the same regardless of the version or at least it give a clue on how it can be solved. I suspect that the tags were designed for this purpose. It would be nice to have the powerful odoo back-end search available in the forum and website. Then you could make compound searches buy tag, user, text in comment, age of post etc.

Author

Hmm while the idea sounds good I think it would be better if we had the ability to filter on them like tags and as Stephen says with compound searches. This would open a big variety to filter out good questions/answers.

Many users don't use the tags so there are questions that will lose if we filter with the search box. I think that what i said should be another field when we create a question, so all the users fill that field.

Best Answer

Users with positive karma should be able to post comments on their own threads before they earn the right to comment on other peoples threads.

Discard
Author

Yep that sounds like a good plus too. Although new users are VERY limited at doing something at the moment. I can imagine that new people here are rather annoyed and get scared off..

Best Answer

Hiding profile should not hide the activity on the forum.
Manipulation of the pages is not sufficient. Missing "First", "Last" and step scale.
A total lack of the pages navigator in profile.
Search with operators.

Discard