Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What's the use of Allotment Partner in sale order line?

on 5/31/13, 9:29 AM 3,611 views

Can anyone tell me what's the use of Allotment Partner in sale order line? The narration given in "A Partner to whom the particular product needs to be allotted". We already defined the customer is sale order right, then why is that info to be repeated again? I just want to know if there's a reason behind it. Thanks for your time..!!

This question has been included in the official documentation.

Openies Services

--Openies Services--
| 2 2 4
Vadodara, India
--Openies Services--

We provide Odoo Services.

Contact us on : contact@openies.com

Openies Services
On 8/11/15, 3:08 AM

In odoo8 allotment partner fields functionality is not work. 

Please refer this link for module which enable the allotment partner functionality.

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 6/29/13, 5:32 PM

This field is used when you want to deliver a particular product to specific person.

See the scenario:

In Sale Order you have 2 products (Product A and Product B). I want to deliver Product A to Person A and Product B to Person B.

So in Allotment Partner field, I will select Person A for Product A in Sale Order Line and Person B for Product B.

When you confirm the Sale Order and see the Delivery Order, you will see Person A for Product A and Person B for Product B in Destination Address field in Move.

Hope this will help you.

yes, it does. but it not split the deliver order into 2, how can i print the delivery order with the corrected shipping address

on 11/7/13, 1:53 AM

This would be a fine feature if it was actually implemented! I can see no trace of that in the code or in the interface, can you share a screencast or a demo of this?

on 2/19/15, 4:47 AM
Janik De Goÿ
On 2/11/15, 4:45 AM

This is an interesting feature. I'm affraid I cannot see/find what Arya refers to; "Destination Address field in Move". Can you elaborate on that?

The print of the delivery order (Picking) isn't split by Allotment address.

On the other hand when I activate "Allow a different address for delivery and invoicing“ in the configuration I see the impact of selecting a different ship to address but its for the complete document, not per product / SO item.

On 5/31/13, 10:14 AM

I think its maintain because of creating invoice from sale order line feature.

Yes, OpenERP build a feature but never well documented.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 5/31/13, 9:29 AM
Seen: 3611 times
Last updated: 8/11/15, 3:10 AM