Odoo Help

What's the best way to manage a product + service business? With free products if under a service contract. I want to record costs versus revenues.

By
andrew.jack9602@gmail.com
on 10/1/16, 5:26 AM 319 views

Hello,

Can anybody help me find a module on Odoo for my business model?

I sell & maintain photocopiers.

I have sold a photocopier to a customer in London, & installed it in his Birmingham office. I have sold the customer a service contract, & charge him 1 penny for every copy he makes.

The customers buys his own paper, & made 5000 copies in the first month, so I charged him £50. He needs a new toner cartridge every three months, which I supply free of charge, but costs me £30.

The customer asked me to send an engineer to service the photocopier. This is free of charge, because the customer pays me for the service contract, but I paid the engineer's fee of £60. I charged the client £20 for parts which cost me £15

I need to record the cost of the machine, the toner & the service visit,  and the sales value of the machine & the service contract income against the machine.

Can I do all this analysis in Odoo?

Artem
On 10/1/16, 1:06 PM

Try to use an analytic account for each machine?

You would then choose the analytic account "Copier - ACME, Inc" on each Invoice - both for Sales Invoices where you make money, and Vendor Invoices where you incur expenses.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/1/16, 5:26 AM
Seen: 319 times
Last updated: 10/1/16, 1:06 PM