Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What's the best way to manage a product + service business? With free products if under a service contract. I want to record costs versus revenues.

By
andrew.jack9602@gmail.com
on 10/1/16, 5:26 AM 136 views

Hello,

Can anybody help me find a module on Odoo for my business model?

I sell & maintain photocopiers.

I have sold a photocopier to a customer in London, & installed it in his Birmingham office. I have sold the customer a service contract, & charge him 1 penny for every copy he makes.

The customers buys his own paper, & made 5000 copies in the first month, so I charged him £50. He needs a new toner cartridge every three months, which I supply free of charge, but costs me £30.

The customer asked me to send an engineer to service the photocopier. This is free of charge, because the customer pays me for the service contract, but I paid the engineer's fee of £60. I charged the client £20 for parts which cost me £15

I need to record the cost of the machine, the toner & the service visit,  and the sales value of the machine & the service contract income against the machine.

Can I do all this analysis in Odoo?

Artem
On 10/1/16, 1:06 PM

Try to use an analytic account for each machine?

You would then choose the analytic account "Copier - ACME, Inc" on each Invoice - both for Sales Invoices where you make money, and Vendor Invoices where you incur expenses.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/1/16, 5:26 AM
Seen: 136 times
Last updated: 10/1/16, 1:06 PM