This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi All! I am able to use HR Expense for expenses done by employees using their own money and that works great. I trying to figure how to enter expenses done on the company debit cart. For example, I got to Office Depot and get some office supplies for $200, then I get some fuel at some random gas station for $50 all on the company debit card. What entries do I create in openerp when I get the office later that day and how to I reconcile with my bank statement?

Edit: The key here is that HR expense creates an AP entry due to the employee who enters the expense, how can I do the same without the AP entry since the expense is not reimbursable?

Edit2: After testing the last solution mentioned in the comment (create a new journal with Debit on expense and credit on Bank) it still does not work. Openerp seems to be OK with for the journal when creating the HR expense, but when generating the GL entries, it still generates an AP entry for the Employee. In fact if no AP account is set for the employee, I get this error Error: The employee must have a payable account set on his home address.

So so far there is no way to have openerp create an expense that is not payable to the employee. Still looking for a solution.

Discard

À similar case Is for example an assistant that needs to enter expenses for his/her boss. It's like entering expenses on behalf of someone.

Author

That's is correct, in fact I am also entering expenses from someone else. I really need help on this.

use hr_expense. It will create accounting entries you can reconcile with a payment. If that payment has already been done or not, does not matter then.

Author

Josse:Thanks for your suggestion. I am thinking of doing that but I am confused with what to do with the Accounts Payable entry due to the employee that gets created. For example: I make gas for $50 and pay it on my company debit card. Two entries get generated Debit $50 expense and credit $50 to employee. But the $50 credit to the Employee's AP is not right since we don't owe anything to the employee. Maybe I am missing something here...

I would create a specific accounting journal for "hr-expenses paid by company credit card"; where default debit is a P/L expense account and default credit account is Company bank/ credit card. The Accounts payable account is not used; but the information re: the employee who used the credit card is lost; which is an internal weakness. Regarding the case where someone enters an expense on behalf of another one, this is a significant internal control weakness; it must be prohibited (except in very small companies). :((

Author

Ad Libitom: I started playing with your solution and it makes sense. I create a new Journal, with the expense account and Bank account for debit credit. When creating the expense in HR, I use the feature force specific journal. The only issue is that the entries which get generated are still for the default payable account. This may be a bug in my version and I will investigate.

Best Answer

Hello,

Arriving possibly late for you. I have a similar issue at one of my customer. I was thinking that maybe this module www.openerp.com/apps/7.0/account_payment_cc/ does what you are looking for.

Cheers,

Phil

Discard