Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What procedure for private paid invoices?

By
ton123
on 2/19/13, 11:05 AM 1,404 views

Sometimes I pay invoices through my private bank account or by cash.

Method of administration I used in my former administration using OS Financials:

1. I book these invoices as normal invoices.
  2. From time to time I check 'Partner Aged Balance' and I can see which invoices should be paid back to me.
  3. I book the payments through the 'current account' (In Dutch: Rekening Courant.).

What is the method to manage these invoices in OpenERP?

Cameron

--Cameron--
| 6 5 8
United Kingdom
--Cameron--
Cameron
On 2/28/13, 7:55 AM

We have something similar, both my partner and myself use our personal money for the company.

Our solution is to have two separate "cash accounts". JOURNALS

If I pay for say a hotel with my personal credit card or with pound notes, Openerp uses "my cash account" to record the payment.

Occasionally the "company bank account" pays me back.

You may create a specific "bank account" (menu Accounting/Configuration/journals) named with your 'current account' (In Dutch: Rekening Courant.) which is a balance sheet account (455xxx for instance). When you have to state that a payment is made by or received on your personnal bank account, you use this current account as a payment method.

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 2/28/13, 9:34 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/19/13, 11:05 AM
Seen: 1404 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM