Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What "Partner" is used in the Reporting/Warehouse/Inventory Analysis?

By
Gilles Lehoux
on 4/23/14, 12:18 AM 1,047 views

What "Partner" is used in the Reporting/Warehouse/Inventory Analysis?

• The partner in the Customer field on the Sales Order?
  • The partner on the Internal Move?
  • The partner in the Address field of the Location definition?

If I group the Inventory Analysis by Location + Partner, then I get more than one partner per location. It seems natural to me that a Location is in essence attached to only one Partner. What's going on here?

In particular, I have a product showing up in the correct location but the location is placed under the wrong partner. Some of the inventory at one location is under one partner and the remainder under another partner.

Gilles Lehoux

--Gilles Lehoux--
| 5 4 7
St-Eustache, Canada
--Gilles Lehoux--

Gilles Lehoux
On 5/10/14, 11:34 PM

The "Partner" in the Inventory Analysis is the "Destination Address" specified in the Stock Move. Is is NOT the Address of the Destination Location.

In a Delivery Order, every item has both a Destination Location and a Destination Address. The Destination Address is independent of the Destination Location's Address.

Note that this assumes that OpenERP has been configured to handle multiple locations.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/23/14, 12:18 AM
Seen: 1047 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM