This question has been flagged
4 Replies

when we used website in xml it shows web.assets_frontend

and like pos it shows web.assets_backend what is the usage of these one//

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Abu,

All the JavaScript, CSS and Less that is used within Odoo is compiled and grouped in a bundle. There are however two bundles, the first is web.assets_frontend which is every CSS/JS/Less needed to design the website and to add in validations etc. The second bundle is web.assets_backend wich loads all resources for the back-end (read: the logged in user).
Odoo made two bundles to divide all resources in two packages in order to speed up rendering of the pages. So in essence it is a compilation of all resources, which you can add files to by using web.assets_frontend or web.assets_backend.

Yenthe

Discard
Best Answer

pls share solution as I am facing the same.

Discard
Best Answer

When the Odoo server is started, it checks the timestamp of each file in a bundle, and if necessary, will create/recreate the corresponding bundles.

Here are some important bundles that most developers will need to know:

• --> web.assets_common: this bundle contains most assets that are common to the web client, the website, and also the point of sale. This is supposed to contain lower-level building blocks for the Odoo framework. Note that it contains the boot.js file, which defines the Odoo module system.
  • --> web.assets_backend: this bundle contains the code specific to the web client (notably the web client/action manager/views)
  • --> web.assets_frontend: this bundle is about all that is specific to the public website: eCommerce, forum, blog, event management, …

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/12.0/reference/javascript_reference.html#main-bundles

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Which part of Odoo code generates those files ?

/web/content/349219-429b33a/web.assets_frontend.0.css 
 /web/content/349220-429b33a/web.assets_frontend.1.css 
  /web/content/349221-429b33a/web.assets_frontend.js

I am facing issue with my Odoo instance that is deleting and recreating those 3 files very often (on each call almost).
Then Odoo website is very slow.

I would like to identify the reason why those files are regenerated so often.

Thanks for your help

Discard

Then how you solve this issue i am also getting same issue. in odoo 13