Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What is this account 'openpgsvc'?

By
Mike Paulin
on 11/21/13, 2:12 PM 13,275 views

Greeetings, I just installed OpenERP on Windows 7 and now have a new user account. Unable to access this account - was never given the password or prompted to enter one. What is this account and does anybody know what the password is? Thanks

I've seen the same thing ie a new Windows User Account named openpgsvc.

Searching the intertubez (there's not too much info about this) I've found the login password, which works for me, as 0p3npgsvcPWD

NB the first character is a zero.

I've logged in and out as openpgsvc, not altered anything, and OpenERP works on my user account as before, as you'd expect.

Not sure why the user/process/service account is there though, at a guess it's something to do with Postgres.

Paul
on 11/25/13, 7:47 AM

Hi Paul, Thanks for the post - the password you provided in your comment works for me. I will just leave the account alone - my regular log in works fine.

Mike Paulin
on 12/17/13, 4:24 PM
chhatrapal
On 6/3/15, 12:53 AM

Hi,

I got also same account on windows 7 after installing openerp. i also tried to login with the password provided by paul and i logged in successfully but i want to know there is any need to this account and we should works only with this account?. really confused.

guys have you any idea about to use of this account or we can go throw our regular account?

Thanks Paul and Mike to discuss about the password.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/21/13, 2:12 PM
Seen: 13275 times
Last updated: 6/3/15, 12:53 AM