This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Greeetings, I just installed OpenERP on Windows 7 and now have a new user account. Unable to access this account - was never given the password or prompted to enter one. What is this account and does anybody know what the password is? Thanks

Discard

I've seen the same thing ie a new Windows User Account named openpgsvc.

Searching the intertubez (there's not too much info about this) I've found the login password, which works for me, as 0p3npgsvcPWD

NB the first character is a zero.

I've logged in and out as openpgsvc, not altered anything, and OpenERP works on my user account as before, as you'd expect.

Not sure why the user/process/service account is there though, at a guess it's something to do with Postgres.

Author

Hi Paul, Thanks for the post - the password you provided in your comment works for me. I will just leave the account alone - my regular log in works fine.

Hi Paul, Thanks for your post - the same password works for me.

Best Answer

Sorry for the necromancy, but this additional account being created on my windows machine was really bugging me and I thought I'd post my findings here if anybody else is looking.

*Disclaimer: I'm a n00b on Odoo, so my methods are most certainly not best practice and may break your installation. Also I'm just running an experimental localhost and have no idea how this will effect your server environments.

I deleted this profile as an experiment and this is what I've found:

From what I can gather this account is used to start the PostgreSQL server service. If you delete it the Odoo server will return the "Internal Server Error" and you will not be able to access your database (not even from PgAdmin)

To fix this (In Windows), simply run 'services.msc', and under the PostgreSQL_for_Odoo service select:

You will notice the service is not running and attempting to start it will result in an authentication error.

rightclick>>properties>>Log On>> & select 'Local System Account' (or alternatively you can start the service with a different user accounts credentials)

This gets it running again, but I'm pretty certain it must an affect on some of the add ons.

For now I'm just running task management & Projects and found that the editing description boxes on tasks required me to start using an etherpad server in the Business Settings (This worked OOTB before deleting this account so it seems related)

My fix for that was to just install the latest windows version of etherpad (http://etherpad.org/) into my %PROGRAMDATA%\Odoo Folder.

The start.bat runs the server (I needed to edit the default config in settings.json from IP 0.0.0.0 to localhost) and sets up on http://localhost:9001, but the command window has to be running the whole time. To get around this I created a file with the following line of text:

CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run """" & WScript.Arguments(0) & """", 0, False

and saved it as %PROGRAMDATA%\Odoo\etherpad\Invisible.vbs

Then i created a file with the following text file:

wscript.exe "%PROGRAMDATA%\Odoo\etherpad\Invisible.vbs" "%PROGRAMDATA%\Odoo\etherpad\start.bat"

and saved it as %PROGRAMDATA%\Odoo\etherpad\Start Invisible.bat

After that I just created a shortcut to 'Start Invisible.bat' and added it to startup apps (win+R, type in "shell:startup")

So far so good. I'm sure there'll be hiccups down the line, but personally it beats the pants off having some random user account with a generic password posing a security risk on my machine.

Discard
Best Answer
  1. JOHN DUE, YOU ARE RIGHT TO BE VERY CONCERN (" ...having some random user account with a generic password posing a security risk on my machine") Thank you for sharing your context and solutions. 

Evil people not only can use it to break into our (naive Odoo users)  computers, they even publish a list of hosting ready to be hacked, as the sample below, which I deleted/replace by "??" parts of their addresses before posting it here. I hope I'm wrong but it seems that Odoo is negligent in this regard.

1. 23.?1.74.2?9:3389@CUST\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  2. 41.76.?1.34:3389@AZAM-MEDIA\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  3. 41.18???46.8:3389@WIN-TBO7FRN3B7K\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  4. 41.23?.8.193:3389@GIE\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  5. 52.178.71.66:3389@CIRCLES\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  6. 61.246.34.205:3389@INDO_SERV\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  7. 68.114.1?45.105:3389@FRED\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  8. 81.142.2?1.61:3389@ABDUL-SRV1\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  9. 1?4.249.?41.93:3389@SS\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  10. 143.95.1?4.164:3389@CUST\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  11. 175.28.3.?8:3389@HIV\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  12. 178.33.17?.25:3389@OPALECENTER\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  13. 181.1??.22?.98:3389@SERVIDORPOLINAL\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  14. 187.162.??0.48:3389@WIN-IU27OPWZ1Z1\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  15. 189.205.2??.93:3389@CEREZOMKT\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  16. 195.155.13?.?5:3389@CORP\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  17. 197.44.72.19?:3389@ORA-PC\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD
  18. 217.9?.85.54:3389@GUMA-TECH\openpgsvc;0p3npgsvcPWD

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

I got also same account on windows 7 after installing openerp. i also tried to login with the password provided by paul and i logged in successfully but i want to know there is any need to this account and we should works only with this account?. really confused.

guys have you any idea about to use of this account or we can go throw our regular account?

Thanks Paul and Mike to discuss about the password.

Discard
Best Answer

Bonjour, Je debute avec odoo. J'ai installé la version 10.0 et j'ai eu tout comme vous un nouveau compte user. Le mot de passe donné pas Mike fonctionne. Je voudrais savoir si ce compte est nessessaire et quelles sont les risques si je supprime ou si je le garde. Merci 

Discard