Odoo Help

What is the xml interface and port values in pentaho reporting server?

By
Gayan
on 10/2/14, 1:14 AM 1,871 views

I have managed to successfully create, upload and print SQL based reports using pentaho reporting server. Now I want to be able to create Object based reports. I created a report template using OpenERP models and uploaded it. When I go to print I get a error saying,

Odoo Client Error

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 2 column 1 of the JSON data

http://10.101.5.116/web/static/src/js/core.js:449

When I further looked into the creation of object based reports it's said that,

"For object based data sources, the Pentaho server will use XML-RPC to connect to the current database using the interface and port as defined in the OpenERP config file, and the reporting user's credentials."

But when I looked at the pentaho configuration the,

* pentaho.openerp.xml.interface

* pentaho.openerp.xml.port

are empty.

Is this the reson for that error and if so what is xml interface and port values?

Martin Pishpecki
On 10/7/14, 9:06 AM

Hello I had the same problem you can find in the core.py file on the line 145  you can see this

'password': current_user.password,

This gets an empty string. If you set the corect value of the password your report will get rendered corectly.

I foud this problem to happen in another case. If you make a report in Pentaho Report designer 5.2. Opening the report in Pentaho 5.0.1 and resaving it may help.

Regards

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/2/14, 1:14 AM
Seen: 1871 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM