Odoo Help

What is the safe way to inherit res_partner? all my attempts fall into errors

By
Alec Mouti
on 11/20/14, 3:00 AM 854 views

I want to add some extra fields on res partner so I decided to use inheretance with a name.

class emedical_client(osv.osv):
    _name = 'emedical.client'
    _inherit = 'res.partner'

However, this causes problem when at some point other modules want access res_partner which causes the following error

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/base/res/res_partner.py", line 182, in _get_image result[obj.id] = tools.image_get_resized_images(obj.image) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/orm.py", line 504, in __getattr__ raise AttributeError(e) AttributeError: 'Field image not found in browse_record(emedical.client, 7)'

how do are resolve this error?

Hello Aleck

Just use

_inherit = 'res.partner'

if you want to inherit res.partner and want to use name then it must be like _name ='res.partner'. Giving different name is messing up here, your _name is different the _inherit which is creating the problem. 

So here you just use '_inherit' and remove '_name '

Hope this helps!!

Thanks but that one also comes with its own problem. actually, I tried that one first but some how, once you installed the module, you cannot install other modules like accounting, it gives me the following error RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded. from the error I can't tell which part cause the recursion

Alec Mouti
on 11/20/14, 5:34 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/20/14, 3:00 AM
Seen: 854 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM