Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
The scenario I have is as follows:
1. The user originates an email based on a template to the partner associated with a project task. The email template has different text based on the current stage of the task. The reply-to of the message that is created is the catchall alias, even if the email template explicitly says to use object.user-email in the reply-to field.
2. However if the user checks the "No threading for answers" checkbox on the wizard, then the reply-to is the object.user-email.
3. Similarly, if I use the Send A Message option from the Chatter, the reply-to is the catchall address or the company email address rather than the individual address of the sender.
The result of this is that replies to these emails do not end up in the To Me mail box for the user.
What I am trying to achieve is that emails originated by an employee based on a particular project task, can be answered by the recipient and go back to the mail box of the sender (and also are associated with the correct document - a project task in Odoo).
Is it correct behavior that the reply-to is the catchall address rather than the individual address? Looking for some direction on how this should be set up correctly
I believe I now have this solved for my specific needs:
1. The incoming email address (which is the same address that is defined as the catchall address) is set up as an alias configured to associate with a specific proejct task document. In other words, the incoming message will file under a single project task in all cases.
2. I created a Server Action that runs python code which: a) locates the partner associated with the email message, b) looks up the current active task for that partner and c) looks up the user that is assigned to that that task. It then calls the message_change_thread method to move that thread to the correct task, and the _notify method to notify the assigned user (so the message appears in his In Box).
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 11/19/14, 3:10 PM|
|Seen: 1431 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|