Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What is the reason behind the units of measure restriction for a product in openerp-7?

By
samba
on 11/6/14, 4:46 AM 452 views

I have created a product with units of measure units. I have stock zero. I haven't make any sales order or purchase order on this product. Still i unable to change different category units of measure to a product. This restriction is good if we have stock on hand. If we have stock on hand, to adjust this stock from one units of measure to another units of measure, the system should come to know the relation. But this restriction not necessary if stock is zero. Is there any way to adjust product quantity for other units of measure which is not there in actual units of measure category? Pleas suggest me.

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 11/6/14, 5:13 AM

I think you are out of luck and I agree with you on the subject. So long as no interaction has been done with the product, it would not be required to hve the restriction on the product. On the database level you should be able to still change the UoM for that product, but that would seem a bit overkill to do.

Furthermore, I think this has to do with the ability missing in version 6 and before, where you could still update and errors would occur. Perhaps you can rewrite the functionality and suggest a merge to Odoo?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/6/14, 4:46 AM
Seen: 452 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM