Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What is the purpose of the "Price Difference Account" ? (PPV)

By
Geoff Kimpton
on 8/24/15, 4:08 PM 1,484 views

In V8, Sales > Products > Accounting

What is the purpose of "price difference account"?

Logically, it would be gross profit but that is a basic function of accounts software which suggests that it is more or at least different in some way?

No mention of it in documentation, this forum or a Udemy course I purchased (which seems to be for an older version of Odoo!)

Geoff Kimpton
On 8/26/15, 7:33 AM

It seems that this may be a feature which would be unneccisary for my sole trader business.

So, the remaining question is can I leave the "price difference account" field blank or would this cause other problems?

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 8/24/15, 5:05 PM

This field is defined in the Anglo Saxon module.

The help (when you hover over the field label) is "This account will be used to value price difference between purchase price and cost price."

If a Purchase Order shows an item is $25 but the Invoice is for $26 then $1 X <number of items> is charged to this account, since the warehouse has already received $25 x <number of items> and the corresponding entry on Invoicing needs to balance with it.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/24/15, 4:08 PM
Seen: 1484 times
Last updated: 8/26/15, 7:33 AM