Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What is the proper way to manage expenses?

By
Max
on 3/11/13, 7:49 AM 5,086 views

Hello,

I'm operating a retail store. I'm wondering what is the proper way to manage expenses such as:

1. rental for office or shop.
  2. fuel for in house transportation.
  3. utility bill (telephone, electric, water and etc..).

Thank you.

Vikram
On 8/20/13, 9:51 AM

Please install eInvoicing & Payments for Journal Voucher menu. Best way to maintain these expenses, create a expense accounts and configure properly and then do the transaction.

HI Vikram,

I am new to openerp and want to know the steps require to enter general expenses like rent by creating expense account and how to configure them properly. explanation with an example would be highly appreciated.

murtaza
on 12/14/13, 12:14 PM
murtaza
On 12/14/13, 12:12 PM

HI Vikram,

I am new to openerp and want to know the steps require to enter general expenses like rent by creating expense account and how to configure them properly. explanation with an example would be highly appreciated.

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)

--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 2 1 4
Ahmedabad, India
--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--

- Around 7+ years of strong experience in Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) which is world's largest Open Source Business Applications driven by CEO Fabien Pinckaers. - Played key role in developing and maintaining various Odoo Product modules and integrating them on Open Source ERP Environment. - Experience on Scrum methodology for project management - Experience in Team Building - Quick Start Implementations. - Worked on almost all versions (4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, SAAS, Trunk(8.0)...) of Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) . Specialities: Odoo Business Process And OpenERP Implementation. Odoo Application Support and Maintenance. Odoo Technical & Functional Training. Business Process Mapping & Gap Analysis (Functional and Technical Analysis)

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
On 3/28/13, 8:21 AM

You can use Journal Vouchers of accounting.

Accounting/Journal Entries/Journal voucher...

Regards, Mustufa Rangwala

I'm using OpenERP 7.0. Cannot find Journal Voucher in Accounting/Journal Entries/.. Where did it go?

Htoo Myint Naung
on 5/21/13, 3:24 AM

Hi Murtaza,

The best is first Create Your Expence Accounts.

Account Name - Rent Shop

Parent -  Liability.

Internal Type - Regular

Account Type - Expence.

Create All the same way. Now go to Journal Entry

and Select The bank or Cash Journal and Do DR/Cr entry in Rent Shop A/C then TAb Tab....

it will automaticaally create DR/Cr Entry for Cash / Bank then save and Post.

Keenmeng Lew
On 9/22/16, 3:24 AM

Max,

You can use Vendor Bills to record the expense and payment.  After that you can reconcile it against your cash or bank account.

Cheers!

km

samba
On 6/13/14, 10:34 AM

Hi All,

I want to enter rental expenses for Rs 100000 with tds tax 10 % . which menu is the right way to enter this transacton.

I have tried  from Accounting->journalentries-> journal vouchers and journal entries we are unable to select taxes like "tds" to do that. I have to go to journal items screen there we have column to select taxes. Is it right way to enter expenses from journal items screen?

why dont you try it with supplier invoice . and then add TDS

mihir shah
on 3/31/15, 5:56 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/11/13, 7:49 AM
Seen: 5086 times
Last updated: 9/22/16, 3:24 AM