This question has been flagged
9 Replies

Hello,

I'm operating a retail store. I'm wondering what is the proper way to manage expenses such as:

1. rental for office or shop.
  2. fuel for in house transportation.
  3. utility bill (telephone, electric, water and etc..).

Thank you.

Discard
Best Answer

You can use Journal Vouchers of accounting.

Accounting/Journal Entries/Journal voucher...

Regards, Mustufa Rangwala

Discard

I'm using OpenERP 7.0. Cannot find Journal Voucher in Accounting/Journal Entries/.. Where did it go?

Best Answer

Please install eInvoicing & Payments for Journal Voucher menu. Best way to maintain these expenses, create a expense accounts and configure properly and then do the transaction.

Discard

HI Vikram,

I am new to openerp and want to know the steps require to enter general expenses like rent by creating expense account and how to configure them properly. explanation with an example would be highly appreciated.

Best Answer

HI Vikram,

I am new to openerp and want to know the steps require to enter general expenses like rent by creating expense account and how to configure them properly. explanation with an example would be highly appreciated.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Murtaza,

The best is first Create Your Expence Accounts.

Account Name - Rent Shop

Parent -  Liability.

Internal Type - Regular

Account Type - Expence.

Create All the same way. Now go to Journal Entry

and Select The bank or Cash Journal and Do DR/Cr entry in Rent Shop A/C then TAb Tab....

it will automaticaally create DR/Cr Entry for Cash / Bank then save and Post.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi All,

I want to enter rental expenses for Rs 100000 with tds tax 10 % . which menu is the right way to enter this transacton.

I have tried  from Accounting->journalentries-> journal vouchers and journal entries we are unable to select taxes like "tds" to do that. I have to go to journal items screen there we have column to select taxes. Is it right way to enter expenses from journal items screen?

Discard

why dont you try it with supplier invoice . and then add TDS

Best Answer

Max,

You can use Vendor Bills to record the expense and payment.  After that you can reconcile it against your cash or bank account.

Cheers!

km

Discard