CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Some countries have no l10n in the core, which makes impossible / inconvenient to deploy on SaaS for customers in these countries.
For some of these countries, 3rd party maintainted addons exist, for others, the work needs to be done. Assuming a l10n addon exist, what is the process to be followed to get this merged in odoo?
The process to update/add a l10n module is quite similar to regular contributions to the official distribution. Roughly:
- Identify the series in which your [updated] l10n module should land. If it's a new module, the current stable series should do. It it's an update, it will depend on the amount of changes you plan to make. Have a look at the stable policy to see if you should target the current stable or the `master` series.
- Fork the odoo repository on GitHub and checkout the chosen series
- Create or Update the l10n_xx module, bearing the localisation guidelines in mind (need minor updates related to github).
- Push your branch on github and create the pull request (See also the contribution guidelines)
- If possible, find/ask community members in that country to review your pull request, then wait for the review.
Some examples of l10n pull requests:
About This Community
Odoo Training Center
|Asked: 6/27/14, 6:01 AM|
|Seen: 1280 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|