Odoo Help

What is the practical effect of adding a company in the field "Allowed Companies" in a user's settings?

By
George Rodopoulos
on 7/19/14, 11:01 AM 859 views

I understand that:

• If you enable the 'Manage multiple companies' option from Settings --> Configuration --> General Settings you can manage multiple companies from a single odoo database.
  • Then for every user (in Settings --> Users) you can choose the company that this user works for (through the "Company" field). Here you cannot choose a company which is not listed in "Allowed Companies" for that user. (As explained here )

What I don't understand is this:
I did some tests and I noticed that a user can view the Customers, Projects etc of a Company X if he works for that Company X or if his company is 'Parent Company' of the Company X. Changing the "Allowed Companies" field didn't have any other effect.

Is there any other usage of the option "Allowed Companies"?

Walid Baruni
On 7/19/14, 1:40 PM

Adding "Allowed Companies" will allow the user to switch to that company from his Preference menu at the top right corner.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/19/14, 11:01 AM
Seen: 859 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM