Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What is the gevent into V8.0 ? How its functioning ?

By
Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
on 8/23/14, 2:05 AM 1,151 views

Hi,

What is the gevent into V8.0 ? How its functioning ?

Can any one help me to understand gevent and its usage and flow ?

Andrei Boyanov
On 10/14/15, 5:13 AM

I don't know if you are still interested in this question after so long time, but I'll try to give some clarifications on the subject.

gevent is multitasking network library for python. 

When started in multitasking mode (with the --workers=N option), odoo will lunch several different processes to treat incomming connections. In such a situation some synchronization between these processes is needed. Here comes in hand the gevent library. If gevent is installed odoo will use it's events mechanism to run processes in synchronized way.

More about gevent you can learn here: http://www.gevent.org/intro.html.

In fact, to activate the gevent mechanism you need to use /usr/bin/openerp-gevent as startup script instead of /usr/bin/odoo.py.

Hope this helps.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/23/14, 2:05 AM
Seen: 1151 times
Last updated: 4/12/16, 1:19 AM