Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What is the easier way to select a product variant in a sale order?

By
Pascal Tremblay
on 8/18/16, 9:40 AM 231 views

Hello there,

I have a product AAA with many attributes and 1560 variants.

When I create a sale order, it is not easy to select the right variant in these 1560. I have to make advanced search by attribute value.

Does it exist an easier way to choose the right variant? A particular module?

Thanks

Jon Knowles
On 8/18/16, 1:34 PM

Pascal, 

We have many products each with 3 variant categories, resulting in over 246 variants per product.  Trying to use the filters that are provided barely speeds things up, and in the odoo online version that we are using it is next to impossible to create invoices with 100+ line items consisting of these many product variants.

What i've done on my end is create and internal reference with a "part number" like scheme.  

For your Product AAA with variant category B and C.  

then say 4 of each B and C.  We came up with something like the following and it made making the 100+ line items per sales order process drop from 20 minutes to less than five.

[Internal Reference Field]

AAA-B-1,AAA-B-2,AAA-B-3,AAA-B-4,AAA-C-1,AAA-C-2,AAA-C-3,AAA-C-4

This is similar to how auto parts companies keep track of different components.  The "-" seperates your product, from each of it's variants.

Hope this helps

For sure, this is a good idea. But we have to fill internal code for each variant. I agree. Thanks.

I'm still open to receive other way to do it.

Pascal Tremblay
on 8/18/16, 1:37 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/18/16, 9:40 AM
Seen: 231 times
Last updated: 8/18/16, 1:34 PM