Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

what is the easier way to edit invoice format?

By
Jose Arcangel Salazar Delgado
on 4/19/13, 8:54 PM 1,387 views

Helo.

I'm very confused about the easier way to edit the invoice report. I'm testing with bitnami appliance of openerp 7 on VMware. I try the following ways:

1.- With the design editor: The package that download from the configuration wizard to install the oo plugin has no extension, I changed to .zip and works with oo 3.2.0 portable(Libreoffice 4 is not working with the extension). I can't connect to the server, always saying that the username/password is incorrect. I try with the username/password from the default user, from the database, but none worked.

2.- I install the webkit report engine, but there is no docs about what to do to use it. There is only an old video from openerp 6 and its not working for openerp 7. I supose that I need the invoice-report-webkit, download the code from trunk and try to install it, but is broken right now. Also, I cannot found any stable pack of the module for openerp 7.

The whole system its working well, but this problem its making me crazy... Why is so difficult to edit a simple report.

So I raise the questing. What is the easier way to edit invoice format?

With the design editor try a different port until the Database at the Server Connection Parameter lists the databases available (http://supportuae.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/66.png), mine works with port 80 instead of the default 8069

Santiago Lopez
on 8/3/13, 1:29 PM
klacus
On 4/21/13, 3:37 AM

Hi.

I starting with the report design, like you. My situation was exactly the same.. The solution is to spend a small time with rml format understanding, and I edit the report with text editor.I use Geany to edit rml. In my opinion, this is only the way if you want to make a proper job.

I found a very nice tutorial: just google for "rml for idiots" (nice name :-) ) and this is can help you to create a very unique report, and the next step the full documentation reading/using/understanding to go deeply the report making procedure.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that we should way utils webkit module is more mature in openerp 7.

Jose Arcangel Salazar Delgado
on 4/22/13, 4:25 AM

Your welcome

klacus
on 4/22/13, 4:50 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/19/13, 8:54 PM
Seen: 1387 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM