What is the difference between receipt and invoice?
Hi Whats the difference between
- Purchase - "purchase receipts" & "supplier invoices"
- Sales - "customer invoices" & "Sales Receipts"
I've been doing this.. Purchases
- "supplier invoices" - Automatically created by ERP from Purchase orders
- "purchase receipts" - Invoices & till receipts both payed and on account
- "customer invoices" - Automatically created by ERP from Sales orders
- "Sales Receipts" - Other sales receipts & till receipts
I dont see why there are two types for each?
Edit 4th Nov 2013
I'm leaning towards entering everything as invoices.
- The receipt method would struggle with this only having no line items and only one tax option
- Completing the payment is also more cumbersome, not been able to do it from the same page
- Searching for particular invoices becomes harder having to search in two places, and not being able follow links from the partner
- If say I buy a coffee and a cake! the coffee has VAT @ 20% on whilst the cake has VAT @ 0% (hot v cold) payed with cash! I would need to enter two receipts