This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I can't find any documentation on this. Under General Settings, you have the option to activate the Customer Portal and the Public Portal. Once activating, there doesn't seem to be anything new. I now have a menu item "Portal" but there is nothing under that link.

What is the URL for the portal? How do I control what is displayed on the portal? If it is a multi-company setup, are there different URLs for each company portal? Where can I read the documentation about the portals?

Discard
Best Answer

I now have a menu item "Portal" but there is nothing under that link.

You should not have that in a common user. It's only for anonymous or client users. Uncheck the Portal and Anonymous permissions from your user, since it reduces your privileges.

What is the URL for the portal?

Just the URL of you OpenERP instance, but when you access without an account.

How do I control what is displayed on the portal?

For public portal, through the permissions of the Anonymous user.

For client portal, search for the corresponding client and press More > Manage portal access, or something like that.

Also, you might want to install the document_page module to create a wiki on your portal.

Where can I read the documentation about the portals?

Try here: www.zbeanztech.com/blog/portal-feature-openerp-7

Discard
Author

+1 for the documentation. I wonder why that's not included in the doc on the site. Thanks for the info. I was hoping it was something else, but it is what it is.