This question has been flagged
1 Reply

We're working on a German installation of Odoo v8 and a lot of terms have not been translated yet. It looks like more and more is translated every day, so how can I import those new translations?

I also ran into a translation that existed in the .po file, "Your Name" for the contact form, that not showing up yet. So my question is also about how to make sure .po updates are reflected in the database.

(I also want to help add new translations but that's for another question.)

Discard

You can get involved in translations at this link: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/are-the-translation-language-files-finished-for-odoo-v8-updated-13-oct-2014-64234

Best Answer

Hi

First step > go to setting menu > users >  edit your user features and tick "Technical Features" > refresh your page ( CTRL+R - CTRL +F5 )

Then you will able to see import translation menu in setting  > translation

And now you can import your translation >> enter your lang code and name and mark rewrite terms 

Discard
Author

My question is about updating translation, not about adding another translation. Otherwise, if your method can actually update existing translations, can you be more precise with the description of the menu items?

This method is useful for both adding and updating, and the better way is to use the source lang file located in modules > i18n folders, edit it directly and then use this method to import it again, its so simple and fast and with lowest risk about losing lang data with any cause